Currently, we have no open calls for submissions.
Guidelines for All Submissions:
- We accept submissions through Submittable, our online submissions manager. We no longer accept submissions by mail. We do not accept submissions by e-mail.
- Do not put your name or any other identifying information on the document that holds the poems you submit. Do not include your name in the file name for your submission. We follow a “blind” reading system: our editors read all poetry submissions without knowing who wrote the poems.
- Use Times New Roman 12 pt. for the text of your submission. Single space your poems; double space between stanzas.
- Place all poems for one submission in a single document—one poem per page. We accept .doc, .docx, and .rtf files.
- We welcome the expression of diverse voices, diverse cultures—including poems partly or entirely in Spanish. Please include an English translation of a poem written in a language other than English.
- No previously published poems — print or online, including poems posted on personal websites or social network websites. If a poem can be found searching Google, we consider it published.
- No simultaneous submissions. Our production schedule is too tight to accommodate poems submitted elsewhere