The 2016 Texas Poetry Calendar is OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS!
November 1, 2014 – February 20, 2015
Submit here >>
We accept submissions through Submittable, our online submissions manager. We no longer accept submissions by mail. We do not accept submissions by e-mail.
For all submissions:
- Do NOT put your name or any other identifying information on the document that holds the poems you submit. We follow a “blind” reading system: our editors read all poetry submissions without knowing who wrote the poems.
- Please use Times New Roman 12 pt. for the text of your submission. Single space your poems; double space between stanzas.
- Place all poems for one submission in a single document—one poem per page.
- We welcome the expression of diverse voices, diverse cultures—including poems partly or entirely in Spanish. Please include an English translation of a poem written in a language other than English.
- NO previously published poems — print or online, including poems posted on personal websites or social network websites. If a poem can be found searching Google, we consider it published.
- No simultaneous submissions. Our production schedule is too tight to accommodate poems submitted elsewhere
For the 2016 Texas Poetry Calendar:
- Submit 1 – 3 poems IN A SINGLE DOCUMENT, with each poem on a separate page. DO NOT SUBMIT MORE THAN ONE TIME.
- 35-line limit per poem, including title and spaces. We highly recommend that you submit at least one short poem — 10 lines or less, including title and spaces. We welcome haiku, tanka, and other short forms.
- We prefer poems with a Texas connection.
- We strongly prefer titled poems — except for haiku.
- No simultaneous submissions. Our production schedule is too tight to accommodate poems submitted elsewhere.